Virginia ~ South Carolina ~ Mississippi ~ Texas ~ Oklahoma
Elisha ~ Bailey ~ John Wesley ~ Homer
In time I hope to post more information about my DEAN family here.
Please note that I do not have documents to support all this information on my Dean family. So please only use it for a beginning to your research because there may be errors without my knowledge. If you were to find errors in what I have listed PLEASE let me know so that they can be corrected. I do not want to pass along invalid information if it can be helped.
If you have DEAN family connection and would like to contact me please do so while signing my guestbook or by email.
Children of ELISHA and JEMIMA (HEARD) DEAN:
I am researching the descendants of Elisha SR Dean. I would love to be able to make a solid connection from Elisha SR. to Charles & Ursula Dean. Also I trying to gather information on Elisha's children in hope to some day make contact with some of the children's descendants.
Elisha was located in SC census of 1790 Laurens, 1800 Abbeyville, 1810-20 Pendleton and 1830-40 Pickens. 1850-60 Attala Co., MS.
ELISHA DEAN SR. Dean; born: Jan 13, 1766, SC or NC;
Died in Mississippi. (Believe that he is the son of Charles & Ursula Dean)
married (1st wife) JEMIMA HEARD.
Note: Research on ELISHA DEAN SR. DEAN leads toward; CHARLES SR. and URSULA (MARCHBANKS) DEAN, being ELISHA'S parents. URSULA is the daughter of GEORGE and ANN (ECKOLS) MARCHBANKS/MARJORIBANKS.
JEMIMA HEARD was born Nov. 18, 1775; SC.
(For futher research Jemima father is possibly, James or John Heard)
Jemima died in SC.
(2nd wife) ROSA (FRANCES) JONES; born SC. (No data on Rosa).
(1) ELIZABETH Dean; born: October 10, 1792, SC.
(2) TILLMAN Dean; born: May 29, 1798, SC.
(3) JOEL Dean; born: Nov. 18, 1801, SC.
(4) CHARLEY Dean; born: Feb. 28, 1803, SC.
(5) ANN "ANNIE"; Born: July 15, 1805, SC. Died: Nov. 23, 1889, SC.
Married: (1) FLEMING MOSLEY
ANN & FLEMING'S children:
(1) KATHERINE MOSLEY,
(2) MARY M. MOSLEY,
(3) FRANCES F.MOSLEY,
(4) SOPHIA MOSLEY,
(5) GEORGE MADISON MOSLEY.
ANN married (2) JAMES THOMAS FERGUSON
ANN & JAMES children:
(1) SARAH EFFELINE MALINDA FERGUSON
(6) JAMES MADISON "MATT" DEAN; born: Feb. 25, 1807, SC. Died: Nov. 4, 1891, SC.
Married: UNITY CLAYTON
JAMES & UNITY'S children:
(1) WILLIAM, that married ARMINDA MAYFIELD,
(2) ELIZABETH A.
(7) CASSIE/CASSANDRA DEAN; born: July 5, 1808, SC.
(8) ELISHA JR. DEAN; born: Aug. 27, 1810, SC. Died: May 20, 1875, Crawford county, AR.
Married: CAROLINE PARSONS, November 9, 1834.
ELISHA JR. & CAROLINE'S children:
(1) William J. DEAN, that married (1)unknown, (2) SARAH (WYNN) PALMER
(2) JAMES MADISON, that married, NAOMI ANN MAYFIELD,
(3) MARY ANN,
(4) THOMAS PARSONS, that married, ARMENTA L. MAYFIELD
(5) EMILY CAROLINE, that married, (1) WILLIAM F. DAVIS, (2) EMILY married (last name) WILCOX,
(6) SARAH ANN, that married, (1) ABRAHAM SHAW (2) SARAH married WILLIAM M. SUTTON (3) SARAH married D. MATT BLAINE,
(7) MARGARET ANN, that married (1) WILLIAM W. FRIELS, (2) MARGARET married C.A. BULLION
(8) JOSIAH B., that married MATILDA JANE WILLIAMS,
(9) HOSEA PICKNEY, that married (1) SALLY HILL, (2) PICKNEY married MATILDA JANE (WILLIAMS) DEAN,
(10) FRANKLIN PIERCE, that married, (1) MARY HILL, (2) FRANKLIN married MARY A. WOLF,
(11) ELISHA PRESTON, that married, (1) NANCY JANE HILL, (2) ELISHA married ELIZABETH ANN OVERSTREET.
(9) PEGGY DEAN; born: Nov. 27, 1811, SC.
(10) A. BAILEY DEAN; born: Feb 14, 1814, SC, Burial at Antioch, Garvin county, OK.
Married: MATILDA NORRIS
BAILEY and MATILDA children:
(1) MAHULDA, that married WILLIAM WALKER,
(2) LUCY, that married WILLIAM J. PETERS, (No children)
(3) GEORGE W., that married E.M/E.V. (maiden name unknown)
(4) ABNER, that married NANCY EMELINE WALKER,
(5) JOHN WESLEY, that married MARTHA LOUISA TRAWICK/BRANDON,
JOHN and MARTHA'S children:
(1) JOSEPH ARMSTRONG that married ADA PEARL WATSON
(2) LEE ROBERT (Never married)
(3) MIT MILTON that married MILLIE WILLIE WORTHINGTON.
(4) BEN that married LILLIAN TOWRY
(5) MAGGIE (died at 4 months old.)
(6) JESSE HOMER that married MITTIE LEONA BROWN
(7) EFFIE that married PERRY ALBERT MORING
(8) DOLLIE ANN that married FELIX CURTIS McGREGOR
(9) ELMER that married EFFIE (CARROLL) SWAN
(6) HENRY, that married MARTHA B. BURNETT,
(7) OLIVE, that married ARCHIBALD DUNLAP JR.
(8) WILLIAM, (Possibly married Elizabeth Wells in Burleson Tx.)
(11) ELISHA DEAN.
(11) EMILY DEAN; born: April 28, 1915, SC.
(12) HARIAIAH M. DEAN; born: Dec 3, 1816, SC.
(13) JOHN M. DEAN; born: April 10, 1818, SC.
(14) ABNER DEAN; born, Sept. 10, 1819, SC. Died Sept. 1881, Macon Noxumbee, MS.
Children of ELISHA DEAN and ROSA "FRANCES" (JONES) DEAN.
(1) ELIAS W. DEAN; born: 1821, Indiana.
Married MARY ANN FRANCES.
ELIAS & MARY'S children:
(1) JOHN A. DEAN,
(2) NARCISSA DEAN,
(3) CHARLES DEAN,
(4) BARBARY DEAN,
(5) SARAH B. DEAN,
(6) NANNIE DEAN,
(1) JOB Dean, that married SUSANNAH, he died: in Laurens county, SC.
JOB & SUSANNAH'S children:
(1) WILLIAM, 1780, SC.
(2) CYRUS DEAN, born: in VA, that married MARY/NANCY HOME, he died: 1812, New Orleans, LA.
(3) JOEL SR. DEAN, born: Feb 16, 1755, married MARY BROCKMAN, Sept. 5, 1775, he died: Feb. 5, 1842, Spartanbury, SC.
JOEL & MARY'S children:
(1) JOHN, that married MARY FARROW,
(2) AMELIA, that married JAMES MILLER,
(3) CASSANDRA, that married SAMUEL MILLER,
(4) FRANCES, that married BARNETT HOLLOWAY ALLGOOD,
(6) ANNA, that married SAMUEL CALDWELL,
(7) LUCY, that married ELISHA BOBO,
(8) THOMAS, that married CASSANDRA BREWTON,
(9) HENRY, that married FRANCES PARKS,
(10) JOEL JR., that married ELIZA/ELIZABETH BOBO,
(11) ALFRED that married JANE BOBO.
(4) JOHN SR. DEAN, born: May 30, 1763, VA, married: SARAH GILBERT, he died: May 10, 1856.
JOHN & SARAH'S children:
(1) JOHN JR., that married SUSAN SHOFFNER,
(3) SAMUEL, that married MARY ANN RUSSELL
(8) INFANT (no name given)
(5) CHARLES JR. DEAN, born: May 5, 1768, married: MARGARET HORNBUCKLE, Dec. 17, 1789.
CHARLES & MARGARET'S children:
(1) ELMIRA, that married (last name) CHILDRESS,
(2) SUSAN, that married WILLIAM STOREY,
(3) CASSANDRA, that married JOSEPH GREER,
(4) Mary Polly, that married DANIEL WOOD,
(5) EDWARD, that married MARGARET COLE,
(6) ELIZABETH, that married DAVID MAYFIELD,
(7) JESSE, that married ELIZA YOUNG
(8) LEMUEL, that married NAN R. PRICE JONES,
(9) THOMAS JEFFERSON, that married MARGARET POOLE,
(10) CHARLES PICKNEY, that married LUCINDA CAROLINE HORTON,
(11) HIRAM HORNBUCKLE that married SARA HUDSON.
My Guestbook is used for all my web pages
This page created 6/6/2001
Updated last 08/06/2001
FastCounter by bCentral
Thank you for visiting.